Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day Twenty One: Taco Tuesdays

Torbay was wrapped in rainbows yesterday morning!
Tuesdays are easy at our house. Supper is all about tacos which all of the boys like so I don't have to slave away at a hot stove preparing a gorgeous meal only to hear "Yuck! That's disgusting" when it finally makes it to the supper table. It's really nice to have one night of the week when I know, for sure, what we're having to eat.

I have tried meal planning and hope to get back to it. The weeks that I was meal planning caused a buzz of organization as I was able to prepare meals and had all of the ingredients on hand. Often I did slow cooker meals so preparation was quick and gave me plenty of time for other things (like crafts). Now, not knowing what we're having for supper before 3:00 PM can make me crazy so it's no wonder I love Tuesdays.

Now, you could argue that our tacos aren't the healthiest choice in the cupboard. Cheese, taco chips or taco shells or wraps, cooked ground beef, salsa, shredded lettuce and tomatoes fill the table and I haven't decided if the healthy options outweigh the poorer ones. All in moderation as the rest of the week spreads it out. Hopefully that's okay?

How about you? Do you have a favourite or 'certain day of the week meal' that you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment