Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Sleepover


 Eldest and DH had a sleepover with their Beaver group on Saturday night. Seeing as I was home with the other two, I thought it prudent that we have our own sleepover event. Middlest and Littlest were THRILLED to have a 'bedtime party' as Littlest described it. They have never slept on our pull out couch in the family room before. Even pulling the bed out of the couch caused exclamations of surprise and excitement. Both went for their baths before the movie and popcorn without complaint. If it wasn't for the lack of sleep I got that night (no fault of theirs), I might consider a 'bedtime party' more often!

In keeping with the illustrations in one of their favourite books, A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever, the boys were very serious about setting up their toys around the perimeter of their bed just like Eamon and James.


Once their bed was set up, I was sent upstairs on popcorn making duties while they settled in.


Popcorn at our house is made on the stove with a bit of olive oil and a dash of coarse sea salt, 1/4 - 1/2 of popcorn kernels and heat. Naturally, it needs to be watched carefully. My record is better with this type of cooking than with microwave popcorn. I made microwave popcorn in our brand new microwave in Kanata, got distracted and only remembered the popcorn after the smoke hit me while I was somewhere else in the house. That darn machine smelled of popcorn every time we used it afterwards and we used it for five years.

Love those toes.
They finished watching TMNT from earlier in the week and then moved onto Madagascar 2. Look at that concentration!


 Apparently Pooh didn't make it to the end of the movie and passed out where he was.


I didn't get much sleep because I started sleeping on the floor on an air mattress with my sleeping bag and then got told to join the boys on the bed by Littlest when he woke up at some unholy hour. It was a bit...crowded.

The next morning I was immediately whipped into pancake duty. The Beavers were having pancakes Sunday morning before being picked up by their parents. As Middlest said "It just wouldn't be fair for  Eldest to have pancakes this morning and not us." All right then.

I do believe I scored significant Mommy points this weekend. Go, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment