Monday, January 19, 2015

Knitting Progress?

I had the chance to sit down and knit a half row or two each day for the past few. I thought that Bessie (the name I gave the dress form my lovely friend ML gifted/loaned me years ago) does a nice job showing off my cardigan so far and using Bessie was far easier than me trying to capture a selfie.


Someday I hope to gain some photography skill and perhaps a regular camera (I use my iPhone 4 for most of my pictures). Here is a 'behind the scenes' look at Bessie's photo shoot. Look at me trying to be all professional using the diffused lighting from behind the curtain.

Oh look! A cat bombed my photo shoot!
I also received a wonderful belated (aren't they the best kind?) Christmas gift from Little Sister via the nice Canada Post dude on Friday. He caught the boys and I on our way down the hill on our sleds. Gotta love a garden (in Newfoundland and Labrador, your 'garden' is the space around your house which could be grass, vegetable, trees etc) that allows for not one, not two but three fantastic sliding spots!


We have been in our house almost five years (!) and I'm getting itchy to repaint and restyle a bit in the cheapest possible way of course. I had added this book to my Secret Santa list before Christmas and I love it as much as I thought I would. Thanks again, Sis! Although Eldest is balking at my suggestions of painting the whole main room white (he does not like change. At. All), it's coming...

Proof of knitting. Like my fancy drinking glass?
I think mason jars are the best thing in the world to drink out of
mainly because they are difficult to spill and I need help with that.

And not a belated Christmas gift at all but I finally got one of my Christmas gifts up on the wall where Littlest's art is the first to grace it. What a grand idea. Thanks, A!

1 comment:

  1. Love the name of your dress form. ... its my middle name... same spelling and all!!! Where did you get your yarn holder? ?? Its so cool... I'm jealous... I have yarn going everywhere

    ReplyDelete