Thursday, October 5, 2017

Four Boys and a NL Girl in Ireland - Episode 27

This podcast was taped during my recent trip to Ireland for Atlantic Knitscape - a knitting and crocheting retreat - from September 21 - 28th, 2017. I was lucky enough to partner with Catherine Hastings, the genius and host behind Knitscape, for this podcast. Lucky luck!

We talked about:

Kate from Hawthorn Cottage Craft's lovely project bags (Hi, Kate!)

Catherine showed off her gorgeous second rendition of Joji Locatelli's Pure Joy shawl using yarn from Strand Designs and Urban GypZ yarn.

We showed off our Close to You shawls from Lete's Knits, a free pattern on Ravelry. Mine was knit in Strand Designs fingering weight 'Wild Atlantic' colour way and Catherine's was knit in Dublin Dye Company's merino sock yarn in the colour way 'Powerscourt'.

I spoke about my on going Madewell Cardigan by Joji Locatelli (paid pattern on Ravelry) using Smith and Ewe's Maryanne's socks yarn in 'Borealis'.

I showed off my progress on my pen pal Victoria's (from the Victoria Knits podcast) shortie socks using Krityum Handmade's Toe Up Sock Recipe, a paid pattern on Ravelry.

I also showed the hat that I'm knitting using a new style of knitting called 'Russian Speed Knitting' that I learned from an Atlantic Knitscape participant. I was supposed to be using Knitting Expat's new Seeded Path Collection but I've changed to a simple vanilla hat pattern that I'm making up as I go along and am knitting in Estelle Chunky in a cream colour.

Catherine showed off her vanilla sock using Schoppel Wolle Zauberball Crazy yarn.

Catherine also showed her finished Pure Joy shawl knit in Irish Fairy Tale yarns in a navy and another hand dyed yarn. She also showed a plain vanilla sock knit in a speckles and stripes yarn by Strand Designs Ireland as well.

Acquisitions:

Both Catherine and I (and another friend, Siobhan) were lucky enough to score a skein each of a brand new Indie dyer in Ireland's yarn - Babbles Yarns (Grace) in a merino single, colour way 'Inishturk'.

I then showed the yarn that I intend to use for a Chateau Rouge shawl - a paid pattern on Ravelry. I bought Babbles Yarn in 'Storm Cloud' and two Merino Nep Strand Designs yarns in 'Magenta' and 'Charcoal'.

I then showcased two more skeins that I hope to knit into yet another Pure Joy shawl - 'Old Town' by Babbles Yarns and 'Beachcomber' by Strand Designs.

I showed off two wool/alpaca and a wool/silk blend that I won at the Knitscape raffle Saturday night. Sadly, these yarns are no longer available.

Thanks so much for joining me on my Irish adventure!

XO Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment